Your data has value
CLP’s dedicated data protection team is a specialised extended arm of all our core areas of expertise.
Personal data has become a significant financial resource in this digital age, giving rise to complex and challenging legal issues. Our data protection lawyers work closely with leading experts within all the industries we operate in. Our counselling, based on solid and extensive industry insight and experience, in combination with specialist knowledge of the personal data protection legislation, will contribute to optimising the value of our clients’ personal data within the limits of the data protection regulatory framework.
We assist both Norwegian and international clients with all legal aspects of personal data protection. Our dedicated data protection team has wide-ranging experience in advising on:
- Strategically significant cases such as comprehensive compliance structures and representation in cases brought before the Norwegian Data Protection Authority and the Privacy Appeals Board
- Organisation, protection and commercialisation of personal data in intricate franchise structures, customer clubs and e-commerce
- Development of new products and services
- Continuous assessment of data protection risks in connection with cross-border transactions and acquisitions of tech companies
- Preparation of privacy statements, consent forms, records of processing activities and data protection agreements/joint controller agreements
- Facilitate lawful and secure data transfer to countries outside of the EU
- Placement of cookies and use of personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Privacy by Design and utilisation of data for artificial intelligence and learning
We also offer dedicated and professional services as external Data Protection Officer.